The next HS teams preparing for a restart for spring right now are:
Women's Golf, Women's Soccer, Women's Softball, and Men's Tennis. NO other sports are preparing for a restart at this time.
You will not be permitted to tryout until you have completed and been cleared through the 5 mandatory steps below!
1. If interested in trying out for one these sports, email the Coach of your sport if you haven't contacted them recently!
AD/Women's Soccer Coach Green (email@example.com )
Women's Golf Coach McGuinn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Women's Softball Coach Bestwick (email@example.com)
Men's Tennis Coach Belle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Complete online athlete registration NOW! DO NOT complete a registration IF you already have one! Each athete should only have 1 for the whole year! No registration, no tryout! It would be great to have YOUR athlete registration done PRIOR to the zoom meeting! (click link to see how)
3. Attend mandatory zoom meeting in order to review DPS/DSA covid protocols prior to stepping foot on campus! (TUE Feb 23@ 7pm)
Topic: Wm Soccer, Softball, Golf and Men's Tennis Zoom Meeting
Time: Feb 23, 2021 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 957 6978 5861
4. Complete NCHSAA covid questionnaire for your sport on the DAY OF any athletic related activity including registration clearance BEFORE 12pm that day. 12:01 and later makes you ineligbile for that day.
5. Attend in person registration clearance @ DSA: Turn in hard copy of HIPAA form and updated physical if appropriate.
Minerva St: Women's Soccer, Women's Golf screening, drop off, registration clearance, & pick up: PARK on RIGHT.
Women's Softball, Men's Tennis screening, drop off, registration clearance, & pick up on the LEFT.
*Student drivers are to park, mask up, sanitize hands, exit car and line up between tennis court for wellness screenings . Walkers also line up between tennis court for wellness screenings. DO NOT LEAVE CHECK IN AREA UNTIL CLEARED!
Athletes/Coaches/Staff are to follow all DPS and DSA athletic mandates:
Mask over nose and mouth while on campus or attending a team event unless participating in intense activity. Coaches ALWAYS mask up.
6ft socially distanced
Wash hands often (when washing isn't possible, hand sanitizing is the next best thing).
Athletes AND Coaching Staff are to follow all signage regarding entrance and exits.
Violation of any of these mandates will result in your program being shutdown for a time.
MS Athletic Director
Follow DSA high school athletics Social Media!
HS Athletic Director
Phone: 919.560.3926 Ext. 23281
We believe that all athletic personnel should strive to teach the basic principle of an attitude toward leadership, competitiveness, fair play, self-discipline and the responsibility for adult living.
We further believe that a pursuit of these personal and group goals are vital to the perpetuation of a healthy democratic society.
Durham School of the Arts adheres to the rules and regulations of the North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) supplemented by state and the Durham Public Schools policies that create an environment that promotes sportsmanship and strong educational priorities.